Address: Physics Department
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Upton, NY 11973-5000
Phone: (631) 344-3817
Fax: (631) 344-2918
Diploma in Physics, University of Cologne, Germany, (1994)
Thesis: "Magnetic susceptibility of the normal and superconducting state of La2-x-ySrxEuyCuO4+d."
Advisor: H. Micklitz
Ph.D. in Physics, University of Cologne, Germany, (2000)
Thesis: "Development and construction of a high field magnetometer and investigation of the magnetic order in doped La2CuO4"
Advisor: R. Gross
1993-1994: Student Assistant, University of Cologne, Germany
1994-2000: Scientific Assistant, University of Cologne, Germany
2000-2001: Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Paris, France
2001-2003: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Brookhaven National Laboratory
2003-present: Assistant Physicist, Brookhaven National Laboratory
Member, American Physical Society
Member, German Physical Society
Member, Neutron Scattering Society of America
Other Professional Activities:
Conference organizing committee for the 2001 OXSEN meeting (Oxide Spin Electronics Network), France
Honors and Awards:
Karl Liebrecht Award, University of Cologne, Germany, 2000
1. M. Hücker, K. Chung, M. Chand, T. Vogt, J. M. Tranquada, and D. J. Buttrey, “Oxygen and Strontium Codoping of La2NiO4: Room Temperature Phase Diagrams”, Phys. Rev. B 70, 64105 (2004).
2. M. Hücker, Y.-J. Kim, G. D. Gu, B. D. Gaulin, J. W. Lynn, and J. M. Tranquada, “Neutron scattering study on La1.9Ca1.1Cu2O6+d and La1.85Sr0.15CaCu2O6+d”, cond-mat/0408298, accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. B.
3. M. Hücker, V. Kataev, J. Pommer, U. Ammerahl, A. Revcolevschi, J.M. Tranquada, and B. Büchner, “Dzyaloshinsky-Moriya Spin Canting in the LTT Phase of La2-x-yEuySrxCuO4”, cond-mat/0309461, accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. B.
4. B. Simovic, M. Hücker, P.C. Hammel, B. Büchner, U. Ammerahl, and A. Revcolevschi, “The local structure of La1.65Eu0.2Sr0.15CuO4 determined by 63Cu NMR spectroscopy and Van Vleck Paramagnetism of Eu3+ ions”, Phys. Rev. B 70, 224508 (2003).
5. H.-H. Klauss, W. Wagener, M. Hillberg, W. Kopmann, H. Walf, F.J. Litterst, M. Hücker, and B. Büchner, “From antiferromagnetic order to static magnetic stripes: The phase diagram of (La,Eu)2-xSrxCuO4”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 85, 4590 (2000).